Saturday, February 7, 2015

With Sympathy Card

Good morning! Happy Saturday! I don't know about y'all, but I sure am glad it's the weekend!

Sympathy cards are never my favorite card to make, and I usually try to make them with pretty colors to bring a smile.

I used some My Mind's Eye patterned papers and stitched around the edges. The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Care & Comfort - one of my favorite sets for making sympathy cards. I stamped it on buttercream cardstock and accented it with a Viva Pearl Pen in Cream. I embossed the yellow panel with my favorite embossing folder - Seeing Spots. I also added a little banner with the MFT Stamps Flag STAX Die-namics. I can't believe I didn't put any ribbon on this one!


I am entering this card in these challenges:
Pink Gem Challenge #137 - lots of layers
Simon Wednesday Challenge - All Things Bright and Beautiful (I hope these are bright enough!)


That's it for me today. I hope to get into my craft room today. I hope y'all have a great weekend! 


Supplies:

Paper: My Mind's Eye patterned paper, Taylored Expressions Choice Buttercream cardstock
Stamps: Taylored Expressions Care & Comfort
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Jody boosters, Cream Viva Pearl Pen
Tools: Circle Nestabilities, sewing machine, MFT Flag STAX Die-namics, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. Oh my isn't that an adorably designed card. Love the peek of grey woodgrain. So glad to have found you through Simon Says Stamp's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Candace! stunning card, I adore the pearls! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life...sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love! Have a GREAT day! :)